Join Our Team!
Are you someone who is easy going with a great sense of humor? Do you have a passion for small mammals/exotics or perhaps emergency or surgery? Maybe you have a different passion in veterinary medicine and are yearning for a place to realize it? If so, we have been looking for you! We want to offer you the chance to join our work family and help us learn and grow as we work towards expanding our practice.
Our practice is located in Mifflintown, PA and serves Mifflin and Juniata Counties. There are several good restaurants, ice cream parlors, a drive-in movie theater, and a dirt racetrack located close by. Country living yet close to a great town.
We are currently a 3 doctor, privately owned practice with room to grow! We have a newly renovated facility available for you to expand your skills and support our communities. At Juniata Veterinary Clinic, we have general practice daytime hours. Our practice has the ability to facilitate surgeries, radiographs, and in-house bloodwork. While we primarily specialize in cats and dogs, some of our doctors will see exotics/small mammals and some large animals.
What You’ll Be Working On
- Provide routine exams, vaccinations and associated annual and semi-annual testing
- Interpretation of bloodwork, urinalysis, radiography, and ultrasound
- Prescribing medication to pets
- Maintaining a high-level of client satisfaction and patient care
- Doctor of Veterinary Medicine or equivalent required
- Pennsylvania license to practice veterinary medicine required
- Physical requirements- ability to stand for extended periods of time and the ability to lift at least 10 lbs.
- Highly motivated, with a demonstrated passion for excellence and taking initiative
- Strong work ethic, willing to do what it takes to get the job done right the first time
- Demonstrated commitment to ethics and integrity
- Strong interpersonal, written, and verbal communication skills
- Team player with the ability to work independently to meet deadlines, goals and objectives
- Strong organization, time management, and attention to detail
What’s In It For You
- Buy-in potential for the right candidate
- Option for pro-sal, earning potential greater than $110,000
- Flexible hours
- Retirement IRA with 3% matching
- Health and dental insurance stipend or paid in full
- Paid time off – 3 weeks for the first year of employment
- Discounted veterinary services
- Liability and malpractice insurance
- Uniform and book allowances
- Generous CE allowance with 5 paid days off and $2500
- Paid membership to VIN and 3 professional organizations of your choosing
- DEA license paid
- Parental leave (6 weeks minimum with possibility of 12 weeks)
- Paid rabies vaccination and titers
- Mentorship for new graduates
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
Please email cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org